Group Therapy for Addiction In Pompano Beach, Florida
Group therapy for addiction recovery is an important part of healing in the process of recovery. The group is a safe and secure place to discuss feelings, fears and agitations in a supportive peer environment. Each person in the group understands the misfortunes and burdens of addiction and has made the personal choice to change. In addition, group therapy proves to be very helpful in identifying what other clients have experienced and helps a client understand they are not alone. During this time, clients to voluntarily prone to reveal their problems and thinking. This assists them in breaking down walls that have gone up through years of active addiction.
Group therapy is illuminating for therapists in a way that better appreciates their clients struggles. Group therapy activities will cover relapse prevention, triggers, behavioral patterns, and coping skills. In fact, the Simple Path Recovery treatment staff are professionally trained, licensed, experienced and sympathetic. They enable the group dynamic by applying tools such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Motivational Interviewing.
Simple Path Recovery groups in which a therapist facilitates among 10-12 clients provides multiple benefits:
- The group provides feedback from each individual, enabling the participant to attain greater self-insight and understanding of how his or her behaviors affect others.
- Supports the recovery of others while enhancing empathy and self-worth.
- Reinforces the commitment to positive change of all.
- Group members relate to one another.
- Group members form strong social groups of like-minded members.
A supportive group under the guidance of an experienced therapist challenges the individual to be honest and confront delusions and fears. The group members develop a sense of responsibility to one another, providing strength to each other for the courage to change.
Get on the "Path" to Recovery
A treatment and recovery program tailored to you. Get the help you need today!
Benefits of Florida Group Therapy
- Helps individuals realize that they are not alone.
- Encourages the giving and receiving of support.
- Typically relatable.
- Place to practice certain skills such as sticking up for yourself, being self-confident and acting courageous.
Many times, what people learn in group therapy will be talked about in one-on-one therapy. This creates well-rounded discussions that involve many perspectives, which is imperative for long-term recovery.