What to Bring to Florida Addiction Treatment
Upon arrival at Simple Path Recovery, all personal property will be searched and inventoried. We do this to keep the client and the entire client community safe. Items that are inappropriate will be discarded or sent home. At the same time, clients may keep all other personal belongings in our community housing. Typically, we ask that each client bring a week’s worth of casual clothing for warm weather. During our winter season, the nights become a little cooler and clients may want to have a sweater and long pants to be comfortable. Most importantly, we ask arriving clients NOT to bring any liquids or food products of any kind. We make regular shopping trips so clients have ample opportunity to purchase needed items locally under staff supervision.
Pack Your Recovery Commitment
What to bring to Florida drug rehab is important logistical information. While many physical items may be essential, the most critical item in your suitcase is an internal one. Namely, your dedication to getting clean and sober. This choice is not an easy one, and we are proud of you for deciding to end your chemical dependency and get on the "path" to addiction recovery.
One of the biggest reasons clients come from all over the country to South Florida is to be removed from their addiction situation. In other words, to escape people, places, and things attached to their addiction. At Simple Path Recovery, you'll experience a relaxing atmosphere and a healthy new lifestyle. That said, get ready to open your mind and become teachable. Here, there’s no need to worry about school, job, or home life. Instead, you will concentrate on getting clean, sober, and healthy. Our case manager will work with you to coordinate all the details. The focus is on creating a healthy, sober, new you!
- Toiletries (alcohol-free)
- All prescription medications in original prescription bottles (non-controlled)
- Non-Internet compatible personal music listening device
- Tote bag
- Driver’s license or passport
- Insurance card
- Warm weather clothing and recreation wear
- Exercise clothing (t-shirts, shorts or track pants)
- Bathing suit
- Beach towel
- Cell phone (depending on level of care)
Get on the "Path" to Recovery
A treatment and recovery program tailored to you. Get the help you need today!
- Clothing suggestive of alcohol or drug use or promoting sexism, racism, or homophobia
- Liquids of any kind (e.g. perfume or shampoo)
- Food products
- Drug paraphernalia
- Cameras or video equipment
- Weapons, including pocket knives
- Valuable jewelry or expensive clothing